Sunday, December 16, 2012

Counting the days...

     We are counting the days for our kitchen to be done.  Not that I mind cooking with a George Foreman Grill, toaster oven and electric fry pan.  But the options are somewhat limited, especially without adequate counter space to prepare anything.  Our cabinets are here and will be installed tomorrow.  Then the granite, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator will be ready to be brought in.  The renovating is actually moving along quite well, if only we would quit adding projects.  The bathrooms were demo'd this week and the new tile purchased.  One of the bathrooms even has some new tile installed in it already.  There was amazingly beautiful tile underneath the old tile they removed (not really).
Victor, one of our not camera shy workers (note the beautiful tile)

New tile being installed already in one bathroom
 
          We learn something new for sure every week and maybe every day.  One thing we learned this week is if there is something at the store that you like and don't want to be without, you must buy it when they have it and buy a LOT!  I have a granola that I have become quite fond of and am very disappointed when I am unable to get it.  The other day we hit the jackpot and were at the store right after they stocked it.  I bought 8 bags of it (I wish I would have bought more!).  We have heard of other items that you must stock up on when you see it (coffee filters, dog treats, etc...).   Why do I have a feeling I could end up on an episode of hoarders one day?

 
      Note the ingredients on my favorite granola (or should I say lack of).  No preservatives, chemicals or anything else nasty.  I feel pretty good about eating it, not to mention it tastes awesome!
 
     The puppies are growing like weeds and bringing us endless joy every day.  We are so thankful they came into our lives when the did.  They are a bright spot of sunshine amidst all the dirt and dust. And so much fun!  They are pretty much poop trained and the pee puddles diminish every day.
Josie whispering toAnnabel, "what kind of trouble should we get in now?"
 
     So we end another week here in Ecuador.  We look forward to the progression of this next week and hopefully I will be able to post some pictures of our new kitchen very soon!
 
 
 

 
 


     

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much the puppies have grown in just a few weeks. They are so adorable, and I'm so happy they got lucky enough to get such great parents! Can't wait to see the kitchen and bathrooms when they're all done! It's coming along quite well! The granola sounds wonderful! Merry Christmas to all of you down there. Hopefully we'll catch up on skype tonight at Mark & Vickie's party.

    ReplyDelete